Destroying the Myth
Protecting Wild Things and Wild Places
Copyright© 2012-19 National Trappers Association, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Website by Hawk Mountain
1. The National Trappers Association of America was declared operational on January 1, 1959.
2. The first NTA publication, called Voice of the Trapper, was circulated in May or June of 1959.
3. On February 25, 1969, the National Trappers Association dropped the "of America" and was incorporated in the state of Iowa.
4. Before "of America" was deleted from the name, membership patches were orange and green. They are rare today.
5. The NTA Hall of Fame was introduced at the 1993 convention and nine members were inducted, including four posthumously.
6. The NTA has had 14 presidents in its fifty-year history.
7. The NTA magazine changed its name from Voice of the Trapper to American Trapper with the January 1989 issue.
Things You Might Not Know About the NTA
Join the NTA!
C.I.T.E.S Lawsuit Alert
• Trapping in National Wildlife Refuge Threatened - A bill attached to the popular Bipartisan Sportsman's Act could eliminate trapping throughout the National Wildlife Refuge system. Read More.