NTA Board Meeting Summary 2018
Some items in this section require AdobeReader. If your computer doesn't have Adobe installed, get it free at the link below.
Copyright© 2012-17 National Trappers Association, Inc.
NTA Reports & Documents
Reports & Documents Navigation
The following information has been prepared for the use of the NTA board members and others when giving reports to state associations. These ARE NOT the official minutes. If you need copies of the information which was distributed at the meeting, please contact NTA headquarters. Every effort has been made to be accurate but it is possible that there are errors.
1. NTA President Chris McAllister welcomed everyone to the meeting and to
2. John Gunville, President of the Upper Michigan Trappers Association, welcomed everyone.
3. President McAllister reminded everyone to review the information in the annual report and to share information within their states and regions. Thirty-eight voting members were present for all or part of the board meeting. Other NTA members attended as observers.
4. Current staff members in Bedford are: Brooke Norton, Office Manager and Finance Secretary; Rebecca McIntosh, Membership Secretary. Contractors include Rich Faler, Editor; Vickie Wright, Convention Coordinator; DNIA, Dave and Karen Linkhart. Attorney Gary Leistico and Parliamentarian Jeanette Williams provided on-site support.
5. Financial information was presented by the Finance Committee Chairman Charlie Rath. The 2019 budget was adopted. A copy of the budget is available from NTA headquarters.
6. The following were elected:
a. Board Rep to Executive Council - Dan Eaton
b. Director-At-Large - Chip Davis and Craig Spoores
c. Regional Director - Midwest - Ken Stewart
d. Regional Director - Northeast - Brian Cogill
e. Regional Director - Southwest - Russ Voelker
f. Regional Director - Southeast - Toby Hutcheson
7. The list of 2018-2019 standing committee members is available from NTA
8. John Daniel, FBU representative, presented a report on FBU activities.
9. Rick Schoonover, FTA representative to the board, presented information about FTA.
10. Gary Leistico, NTA attorney, provided information and updates about the
11. Several state affiliates shared information about trapping, state issues, and affiliate activities.
12. The 60th anniversary convention will be held in Springfield, Missouri, on July 11-14, 2019.